COVID-19 Update and Cancellation Policy
Travel Information: COVID-19 Update
At Caravelle Hotel & Casino, our first and foremost priority is the safety and well-being of our guests and team members.
We continue to closely follow the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation locally and worldwide. We are monitoring the most up-to-date information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Virgin Islands Governor’s Office.
In accordance with the latest U.S. Virgin Islands Territory restrictions, we are not accepting new guests for regular travel and Caravelle Casino is temporarily closed. However, we are staffed to maintain our existing in-house guests and we are available to provide shelter to essential workers; emergency management personnel, overnighting flight crews, and officials responding to the COVID-19 crisis who are exempt from the restriction. For Business-Related Travel reservations, please call 340-773-0687. We are not accepting any online reservations at this time.
While we support the containment strategies set forth by our local government, Caravelle Hotel & Casino is here for those that require shelter and a place to stay while they do essential work for our island.
TRAVEL FLEXIBILITY AND SUPPORT:
In response to changing marketplace conditions, we are committed to ensuring our customers experience flexibility during these challenging times.
For Caravelle Hotel & Casino and Company House Hotel, we are committed to offering you flexible booking options. We are making additional adjustments to our individual booking policies to give you extra peace of mind:
- Government Restrictions. We are paying attention to Territory, National, and International government-issued travel restrictions Please visit the WHO and CDC for the latest information.
- Existing Reservations. All reservations – even those described as “non-cancellable” – that are scheduled for arrival before April 30, 2020, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
- New Reservations. Any reservation you make – even those described as “non-cancellable” – that are booked between today and April 30, 2020, for any future arrival date, which is impacted by COVID-19 restrictions can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
We are unable to make any changes to reservations made through online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals.
Our Commitment to A SAFE AND HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. On a daily basis, our hotel staff are working to ensure that they meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our hotels’ health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from hand-washing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures. Specific steps include:
Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge: Hotel associates – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Real Time Information: Management and ownership are on standby 24/7 to support the hotels and coordinate with local and regional authorities.
Cleaning Products and Protocols: Our hotels use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: Hotels use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: Hotels have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” hotels are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and staff offices.
- Hand Sanitizer: We have increased the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitizers.
For the most updated information, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
We know that in challenging times like these that the power of hospitality is needed most of all. Whether you are traveling now or in the future, we are ready to welcome you with hospitality and cleanliness.
Updated: March 24, 2020
Back To Blog